Teeth grinding or bruxism affects millions of people. Persistent long term grinding can create serious problems such as TMJ Dysfunction, headaches, and broken or cracked teeth.
Signs that you maybe grinding your teeth include:
- Worn, flat, or chipped teeth
- Facial pain
- Jaw pain
- Sensitive teeth
Causes for grinding teeth
- Stress, anger, anxiety, and tension
- Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease
- Malocclusion or improperly contacting teeth
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction or TMD
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Dr. Barr can customize a removable guard that mostly is worn at night or when grinding occurs.
- Dr. Barr can adjust the biting surfaces of the teeth for better contact.
- Align teeth properly through crowns, veneers, implants, or invisible braces
- Evaluate and treatment of sleep problems such as Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
For answers to your questions or to schedule an appointment call 812-372-5101